I have been on the hunt once again for a bread or roll – something that actually tastes like a bread. I found a couple things here from “alldayidreamabout food.com
Garlic Parmesan Knots Really Good. These are made with Mozzarella cheese as part of the dough. I couldn’t believe it. Never heard of it before, but wow, was it good.
MultiPurpose Low Carb Bread Recipe – I made this as a pan bread, but it didn’t turn out the first time, so I made some rolls instead using this recipe and it turned out great. I think the problem I had with the pan bread is that I did not bake it long enough.
Chocolate Walnut Swirls – If you need something sort of sweet, this is the ticket.
I can’t remember where I got this recipe. too bad because it was very good, and I would really like to give the author of this recipe credit. If I come across it again, I will be sure to let you know.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 7 tbsp truvia mix (or 7 tablespoons of your favorite sweetener like erythritol, monks fruit, etc.
- 3 tbsp oil (I used avocado oil)
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and 7 tbsp truvia mix
- combine oil, heavy cream and vanilla
- mix dry and wet ingredients together with a whisk. batter will be thick
- pour blueberries on top and gently fold into the batter
- line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spread the batter in evenly
- bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes making sure to turn the loaf pan at about 30 minutes in
- let cool
If you make mini muffins instead of the loaf bread, bake at 350 degrees for 10-13 minutes until tops are golden brown.
serves 8, 221 calories for bread
serves 24, 74 calories each for mini muffins
ok, this should give you something to try. hope you enjoy it as much as I did.